How are artists chosen to be featured in the MAC Shop?
To be featured in the Shop you must be a member of Muskoka Arts & Crafts in good standing. All artists and items go through an internal approval process before appearing in the Shop. Learn more about becoming a MAC member.
Will my order come from the artist or from MAC?
When you purchase an original artwork item through the MAC Shop, we contact the artist to give them the email you have provided. The artist will contact you to arrange for pick-up, delivery or shipping. Any necessary shipping expenses will be charged separately by the artist.
When you order a custom printed item (found in the MAC Products collection, including apparel, accessories, wall art, bags and home decor), it is shipped to you directly by the printing company. Shipping for these items will be charged at checkout.
How much will shipping cost?
Shipping costs will vary depending on size, weight and type of item as well as shipping location, delivery method and any special packaging requirements. This will be arranged with each individual artist for original artwork items, or calculated at checkout for custom printed items. If you would like a rough estimate of shipping before purchasing an item there are numerous online shipping calculators available like Canada Post's. Please note, these calculators are not always accurate and do not take into account special packaging or insurance requirements.
Where are products shipped from?
All products, with the exception of custom printed items, are shipped from each individual artist's home, studio or business in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada.
How long will it take to receive my order?
MAC encourages its artists to ship items out within 3 business days OR as arranged with each individual artist. MAC recognizes our artists do not have control over all aspects of the shipping or delivery process, and we acknowledge delays can occur due to unforeseen circumstances. Also, due to the COVID pandemic and subsequent shipping delays, MAC cannot guarantee delivery dates.
Do artists get 100% of the proceeds from sales in the MAC Shop?
Artists receive 90% of the proceeds, less transaction fees, from sales, while the remaining 10% goes to MAC. This fee goes towards costs associated with Shop advertising and maintenance. MAC is a not-for-profit organization, and ultimately all proceeds are invested back into our artists and community. Learn more about who we are.
What if I am unhappy with my purchase?
All MAC shop sales are final. If an item has a defect, then Muskoka Arts & Crafts will work with the customer and artist to provide a suitable replacement. Many of the items sold are made by hand and may be one-of-a-kind, and so the replacement item may not be identical to the one purchased. To be eligible for an exchange, please contact MAC within 5 business days of receiving the item and describe the defect. If your purchase has been damaged or broken in shipping, and the shipping was insured, please contact MAC and we will work with the artist to find a solution. For more detailed information please refer to MAC’s Refunds & Shipping Policy.